No Fujis seen in 2,700 miles California/ Nevada trip

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 14,294
Re: No Fujis seen in 2,700 miles California/ Nevada trip

Sjak wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

I mean how many lenses do you REALLY need for travel?

One or zero, depending on whether you bring a camera or not

True that.  I guess that's why I've always favored zooms for travel.  I want the versatility that a range of focal lengths offers and the convenience of not having to bring a camera store along with me.  Faster zooms, like the 16-55, are for me ideal travel lenses.  They are extremely versatile yet have the advantage of providing some level of subject isolation and decent low light aptitude.  Perhaps having a select prime along might nicely round out a kit, depending on what you like to shoot while traveling.

My vacation travel kit is usually just the 16-55 and 10-24.  it gets a bit heavier if wildlife is on the agenda, in which case the 100-400 goes into the bag as well.  If astrophotography is possible, I might substitute the 12mm Zeiss for the 10-24.  That plus the X-H1 makes for a fairly manageable bag... not lightweight, but certainly OK for a pretty small guy to tote around.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow