hardware foe video editing

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP stefanocps Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: hardware foe video editing

MummRa wrote:

stefanocps wrote:

i have heard about the quicksync..i don t know what to think about seeing the different opinion on it(better performance vs degraded image..)

I was thinking to get an 8th generation but i see there might be the problem that come out last year that would need a patch limiting some resources..don t know if it is really like this

Of ocurse i am ready to use proxy, but for example with the pc i have now i cannot even play back files on a common media player..

About gpu, i keep on reading also contrastant opinion. Most says that gpu is not really involved in editing so there is not really need to make big investmente on it

GPU is not involved in editing, is involved in rendering. CPU + RAM are involved in the edit process.

Which hard drive do you have? this can be causing bottle neck.

About GPU, don't buy the most expensive one, that is not always the answer. For example, LR have very bad performance with almost all AMD gpus.

What i recommend, is first find the bottleneck, then decide what to do. This will save you lot of money.

right now i have an I7 2600 3.4 ghz, 32mb ram, gtx760 and windows 10 on an ssd 256gb

in some forum they consider the same cpu and ram enough for 4k (but with 1050ti gpu)

Right now i can t even playback xt3 file with common media player

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow