anyone using the 28-70 f2 as a regular lens ?

Started Sep 23, 2019 | Discussions thread
tenordrum Regular Member • Posts: 433
Re: anyone using the 28-70 f2 as a regular lens ?

RLight wrote:

It's mounted 90% of the time on my EOS R, and I take it out frequently. If I get tired of it or it's inappropriate, that's where my EOS M6 comes in. It's VERY capable and produces results otherwise not possible.

I'll second others with the heavy, but, I don't mount a flash; it makes a big difference. The lightweight EL-100 mounted on my R + RF 28-70 f/2L pushes it over comfortable. Likewise, any camera bag with the R + RF 28-70 f/2L pushes it over comfortable. However, by itself with the R, it is comfortable. I'll have it slung around me for whole events with a single fully charged battery without complaint and shoot ambient light.

It should be noted, the weight distribution of the RF 28-70 f/2L being rear-centric makes it in fact in my book, easier to handle than a 5D Mark III with EF 24-105 f/4 mounted (I handled a counterpart of mine's alongside my R + RF 28-70). The latter is more front heavy and thus "pulls on you" more than the heavier R + RF 28-70 f/2L. I often half-sling it across my body though, not the just over your neck though, which will just "sit" and be "heavy". I use the stock EOS R strap. After trying several third party straps, I found the stock is the best when slung across your body with R + RF 28-70 f/2L only.

I have a Flickr Album just for the lens if interested.

https://flickr.com/photos/130836605@N07/albums/72157708448106864

Pretty much SOOC RAWs converted to JPEG with automatic lens corrections, picture profile swaps to taste or a couple but most are in fact the default "standard". I've done some automatic lighting tweaks via DPP4 > TIFF > LR on the last couple shots posted though. Playing with LR again. I probably will not re-up my subscription and may "downgrade" to LR 6 via B&H, while I still can.

Just have to say that I really enjoyed your Flickr album shots. The Highland Brewery sign made me smile. Good brew, nice tour. Your kid photos are terrific. As a grandpa, I wish I had your skill. I can only imagine how tough it may be to get the bump a car shots. Thanks for sharing the link.

tenordrum's gear list:tenordrum's gear list
Canon EOS R Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow