Recommendation for a great photo printer ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,544
Re: I use a Canon Pro-100

Meetmer wrote:

lewiedude2 wrote:

Meetmer wrote:

On another note, if it appears that this will be a difficult and expensive endeavor, can anyone recommend an online color printing service that actually does a good job? I was even thinking to print and have mounted on aluminum backing to avoid framing.

Metal printing is awesome!

Bay Photo is excellent and top notch with metal...and I use Costco to proof my prints prior to send to Bay Photo. There is a slight difference as I print on metal or acrylic almost exclusively now, and the paper prints from Costco don't have that depth and saturation of either metal or acrylic, but I know that. My use of paper proofing (sometimes as big as 20x30 inches) works for me in getting the composition and post processing that I want. Also, as Jerry said (shh...I haven't calibrated anything and even had a spyder pro to do so last year - sent it back).

What’s the link to Bay Photo?

Cut and paste

https://bayphoto.com/specials/?src=tabs-specials

40% off 2 or more fine art prints. Highly suggested.

And for metal, just look at their products page. I think they still have a 25% off first order deal so work your images and then send them in a group and get that discount for the metal.

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow