Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
This thread is locked.
chambeshi Senior Member • Posts: 2,182
bespoke Nikkors

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

Doug Greenberg wrote:

A post like this possibly gives new meaning to the term, "trolling."

OP post is nonsense

Benefit of the doubt: the OP got a bad copy of the lens (surprising, but still possible). If I got a bad copy of a $10,000 lens I would be upset, too.

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California

one they bought 2nd hand,

Very very unlikely. It would need to be knocked very hard, which would show up or at least be very hard to hide on resale. My 400 f2.8E is very strongly built. As was the 300 f2.8G it replaced and 200 f2G I also am selling

if it was new then i think they'd have a point

About a year back, I heard on good authority - first hand from a Nikon Ambassador about the quality of the high priced Nikon optics. On a trip to Japan, he was taken on a factory tour by Nikon reps, where one of the venues he was shown how each super-telephoto Nikkors is part assembled by hand and tested.

Then when asked for the Serial# of his own 600 f4E, they quickly checked and introduced him to the gentleman who'd signed it off. In the case of the 800 f5.6E FL, if the TC1.25 is lost or damaged, then the entire unit has to be shipped back to the factory to get it back to bespoke specs. These primes are definitely not mass produced, well at least not the final ensemble.

chambeshi's gear list:chambeshi's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow