The Olympus TG-6 is a macro beast

Started Jul 30, 2019 | Discussions thread
Enders Shadow
Enders Shadow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,177
Re: The Olympus TG-6 is a macro beast

SirLataxe wrote:

Is there any way to get the camera to reliably feed it's image to a smart phone, tablet or other connectable portal screen? The manual seems to suggest so although I've read elsewhere that the connection can be difficult and/or flakey, as the associated app is not well made.

Using OI.Share is the only remote control option for the TG series. Some of us don't have any problems with initiating connections and controlling the camera. Some functions are limited when in remote control mode. I don't know if that impacts any of the macro modes. And, using WiFi puts additional drain on the battery.

There are inexpensive HDMI monitors designed to be used with cameras. But I wouldn't call that a practical solution for a compact camera

Personally I'd love to see a TG model with an articulated screen - although I suppose this would be difficult to achieve whilst keeping its water, dust and shock proofness....

Yeah, a fully articulated screen can be helpful when shooting from awkward angles. There was a TG-8xx series with a flip screen. Guess what one of its common failure modes was.

-- hide signature --

Phil

Enders Shadow's gear list:Enders Shadow's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus Tough TG-3 Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow