A7iii vs A7Riii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SafariBob
SafariBob Contributing Member • Posts: 834
Re: Which is best? Comparison here at 4K.

andrewD2 wrote:

Since there are no monochrome pixels in a RGGB array the monochrome image has to be constructed from the colour data, it is just fine to compare two Bayer sensors.
At 4K the colour areas were the same, ISO100 maybe slight advantage A7RIII, pretty hard to tell, ISO800 slight advantage A7III.

Don't get angry with me, do the comparison yourself.
Andrew

I have no idea what I am looking at, even if 1 looks sharper than 2, that may be just because more sharpening has been applied, focus is more accurate or whatever. It’s far simpler to debayer a monochrome image.

if you read my other post and have some good faith questions, I am happy to answer, but if you continue with this stuff, I don’t really see the point.

Edit: if you still don’t believe me, I recommend looking at the detailed comparisons between the original a7 and the original a7r. Very easy to see there. Also for aa vs no aa, look at the rx1 vs the rx1r

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow