The Olympus TG-6 is a macro beast

Started Jul 30, 2019 | Discussions thread
SirLataxe
SirLataxe Veteran Member • Posts: 3,909
Re: The Olympus TG-6 is a macro beast

ALthough I have only a TG4 I've been enjoying the experience of learning how to take macros with it's excellent facilities and the aid of both an LG-1 & FD-1. The TG6 seems to offer some additional advantages, not least the ability to set a shutter delay in lieu of a remote release; and the ability to take RAW in focus stacking mode.

One disadvantage of all the TG cameras used for macro is the lack of a tilting screen. It's often difficult to get the camera to point at the right bit of the frame to obtain the best focus point, if the subject is at ground level in amongst a lot of other brash and furze.

Is there any way to get the camera to reliably feed it's image to a smart phone, tablet or other connectable portal screen? The manual seems to suggest so although I've read elsewhere that the connection can be difficult and/or flakey, as the associated app is not well made.

Personally I'd love to see a TG model with an articulated screen - although I suppose this would be difficult to achieve whilst keeping its water, dust and shock proofness....

SirLataxe

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow