Recommendation for a great photo printer ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DiMiColoGy
DiMiColoGy Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: Recommendation for a great photo printer ?

Printing at home is a journey....and a nice one !

You've got to get used to Color Management first and there is a lot of stuff to learn but I guess you're already aware of that if you printed before.

I was not satisfied by the result / cost ratio of online printing companies I tried and I decided to try home printing about 2 years ago. It has been a wonderful experience mainly because I've learnt a good deal about photography thru printing myself.

I use a cheap Canon Pro100 (the only thing which is cheap in home printing though!) and I have been using various paper and sizes, experimenting first the combination I like best.

It cost an arm experimenting but once done I can now print for a lot less than Online Printing companies. Also there is a personal pleasure of mine looking at the picture being printed, then taking care of the framing etc.

When I need to print for client I still need to use either a Canon Pro1000 of a friend or an online service depending on the size but I can recommend the Canon Pro 100.

It's been working nice for the last 2 years, I print a minimum of one A4 size photo every week to keep the print head clean. I only use Genuine ink.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X System.

DiMiColoGy's gear list:DiMiColoGy's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow