A second body, or a new lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
David5833 Senior Member • Posts: 1,147
Re: A second body, or a new lens?

Doc Mark wrote:

...BUT, I've also wanted to add a second body, to help cut down on changing lenses when we're out and about, and most especially on our overseas trips....

Adding another body, especially a larger, heavier one, to the inventory you already have and still not owning an all-purpose FX walkaround/travel zoom lens doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Most 24-70 f/2.8's, especially the Nikons, are honking big lenses but at least combined with your D750 you would have a manageable albeit heavy one-lens outfit that should be more than adequate for typical travel photography, including boring shots of interiors of castles and cathedrals. Like you, I don't want to have to change lenses but I neither want to be festooned with cameras as a tourist.  After a lot of schlepping, the solution for most travel for me is one walkaround zoom.  I may not be able to get 100% of the shots I would like without cropping or stitching, but the liberation of not being a pack mule is well worth the compromises. If I'm doing a domestic road trip I might bring more stuff, but otherwise less is best.

David5833's gear list:David5833's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon D7500 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow