There's more than one reference model design

Started Sep 21, 2019 | Discussions thread
MikeyBugs95
MikeyBugs95 Regular Member • Posts: 440
Re: There's more than one reference model design

PentUp wrote:

MikeyBugs95 wrote:

The only problem with this (well, the easiest problem at least) is that the plastic screen surround is too small. There's barely any surround there. It's entirely possible but highly unlikely.
--
It's a pretty simple task of 3D modeling something. It's getting it to fit that takes most of the time!

I'm not sure that there needs to be much "surround" if it initially pops out straight back (and then pivots)?

Lots of things that have a press catch releaseare well flush with the main component... But I ain't no camera engineer, so I dunno? Any camera engineers in the house care to comment??

I'm not either but I'm an engineering student. The surround are the small plastic bezels on the edges of the actual pop-out display. On the K-70 and KP the surround is pretty large. On the K-1 it's quite small but still there. There's none of that on this camera. That alone is reason for me to suspect that the display is fixed. I personally would prefer an articulating display like the K-1, even a fold-out display would be nice, but unless I don't think we'll be getting that this time around.
--
It's a pretty simple task of 3D modeling something. It's getting it to fit that takes most of the time!

MikeyBugs95's gear list:MikeyBugs95's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow