Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10, so ... ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AndreaW
AndreaW New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10, so ... ?

Thanks. By default File Explorer doesn't show file name extensions. I had to go into View and put a check mark into the box to show file name extensions. Then I renamed a photo in the folder from jpeg to tiff and I got a warning that if I change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. I clicked on yes I want to change it and everything works perfect. Now in order to open the tiff file I don't even have to right-click to open it with WPV. I can double-click the thumbnail and it opens automatically with WPV and then I can use the arrows to view all the jpegs in the folder.

I just spent over Can$100 to get my laptop repaired. After a Windows update the Start menu stopped working. I could fix this on my own. Then Windows didn't recognize my password. I was able to fix that on my own too. But after every Windows update these problems came back. Now I have a clean installation of Windows 10 and don't want to do the registry hack to get WPV to open jpegs because I am afraid that I will do something wrong. Before I had Windows reinstalled, I used WPV which I got with the registry hack. I find the new default Windows Photos app very slow to open my photos.

Thank you for your help.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow