FZ2500 question - audio affected by zoom!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Satyaa Senior Member • Posts: 3,615
FZ2500 question - audio affected by zoom!

Hi. I use FZ2500 for videos at charity events. Typically, these are music/dance/lecture videos meant for their private distribution or fundraising.

I have the camera at a comfortable distance to cover the stage width and zoom into the speaker/performer when needed. I take the audio feed from the sound board via an XLR to stereo 3.5mm cable, with an attenuator when needed. This one is switchable between 20, 30 and 40 db.

The power to the camera is from a battery adapter plugged into the mains.

Here's the problem.. the audio is perfect when I don't touch the zoom. However, whenever I zoom in or out, the audio volume drops and comes back to normal as soon as I stop zooming.

This is not noticeable on the headphones while recording. I have audio out to the headphone set to what's recording, not source. I still don't hear it. The drop is only noticeable during editing and playback on the computer.

What might be causing this and how do I prevent it?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

I thought that blocking a user was rude but I have recently found that it is becoming a necessity. If I am not responding to some users/posts, now you know why...

Satyaa's gear list:Satyaa's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Canon EOS 400D Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow