M6 mii vs EOS R for video/vlogging.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Alexsfo Senior Member • Posts: 2,313
Re: M6 mii vs EOS R for video/vlogging.

trunks28 wrote:

1. nnowak wrote:

trunks28 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

Are you thinking handheld walking talking head, or stationary seated at a desk?

More walking talking head.

I would lean more toward M6 II then for a couple reasons. First, the overall package will be lighter which will be noticeable if you are handholding for any significant length of time. Second, the 4k rolling shutter on the R will turn into a wobbly mess with any significant movement.

Gordon Laing did a good youtube video demonstrating the vlogging capabilities of the M6 II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzimPp0B2sc

The lens based IS of the EF-S 10-18mm lens that he was using looks pretty good, but the digital IS on the M6 II is really disconcerting to watch.

He wasn't using any ef-s lenses just the kit and ef-m 11-22mm.

I'm afraid that the M6ii is limited to 22, 11-22mm and the 32mm, 2 aren't stabilize. And if i wanted to adapt the lenses then size matter anymore.

Digital IS on M50 is excellent for steady handholding, NOT walking and shooting. Thankfully there is a super compact and inexpensive crane M2 gimbal available that should work with the above three lenses better than any OIS or IBIS can dream of.

Alexsfo's gear list:Alexsfo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow