First few pictures from my SONY A7RIV

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Khun_K
Khun_K Senior Member • Posts: 1,341
First few pictures from my SONY A7RIV

I have been using SONY A7 series since original A&R, then A7RII, A7S2, A7RII, A9 and now the A7RIV.  The latest A7RIV continue to trend of further refinements on all aspects of the camera operation and image quality.

The AF improved over A7RIII is impressive, focus in dark environment quite well without needing the focusing aide light and accurate.  Overall color rendering from uncompressed RAW developed from Capture One Pro also improve over A7RIII, IMHO.  Ergonomic is something will bother me so I have no comment on the enlarged handle, it seemed fine, but I have my A7RIII & A9 fitted with RRS L Plate that works well with how I shoot.  I don't have L plate for my A7RIV yet but will get one when the RRS finally ship and assuming it will be good.

Coming from generations of SONY A7 series cameras so I am very accustomed to the camera menu system and actually I quite like the way it is on my A7RIII and A9, so it takes me only a few minutes for all the custom setting on the A7RIV.  I find the camera menu system quite good, and customization also good, in fact, I prefer it over my Fujifilm GFX50R and GFX100 or Nikon D850.

Will do a more complete review over the next few days after more shots, but my first run with A7R4 with about 1,050 exposures - uncompressed raw on 2SONY SDXCII G 128GB

cards with still 68% power left on a fully-charged 2-years old battery is very impressive!

Khun_K's gear list:Khun_K's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica Q Sony RX1R II Leica Q2 Sony DSC-RX0 II +140 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D850 Sony a7 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow