Slight Backlight Bleed on Nikon DSLR LCD

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tony Bluntwidth New Member • Posts: 12
Slight Backlight Bleed on Nikon DSLR LCD

Hey guys, I've had my Nikon D7500 for a couple months now and I absolutely LOVE it! It has incredible ISO performance, and beats even my amazing D7200 at high ISO (I still love my D7200 for low light though).

I was using the D7500 yesterday at night when I noticed after startup that there was some mild backlight bleed coming from the left side of the rear LCD display. I had previously observed this on an old D5500 I owned, and to a much greater extent, but I feel I was less concerned at the time. I've attached a photo below which shows what it looks like, however, note that the photo is quite exaggerated and that the glow doesn't look yellow (it looks very neutral/white) and that it's much less noticeable, but it still is fairly easy to distinguish the left side of the LCD from the right when the dark mode is active or when a full black image is displayed. Because this is just an LCD issue, it does not affect my images at all.

I'm asking this to find out if other Nikon D7500 users can notice this on theirs as well because I absolutely love this camera and have no plans to send it in for repairs or anything of the sort. Does anyone else observe this on their D7500 or on any of your Nikon camera LCDs? Even at the slightest?

The Backlight Bleed is about half this noticeable and it's neutral in color so it isn't visible in any scene that's not dark/black, but I feel slightly concerned because my D7200 does not exhibit this to a noticeable extent.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Nikon D750 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow