Sports with the m50

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scott Milso Contributing Member • Posts: 760
Sports with the m50

I recently tried to shoot some 8th grade football and volleyball with my m50.  To be honest I'm a little disappointed.  Next time I'll dust off my 60D (thinking hard about the 90D).  I really wanted to just have one system, but I do enjoy shooting action from time to time (I teach 8th grade and my 10th grade son plays baseball)

The two big problems is the evf blackout and focus.

I started out using the high frame rate, but only the first shot, if that was in focus.  Then I switched to single center focus point, not much better.  Then I googled it and found out that the lower frame rate lets the camera refocus between shots, BUT it's way too slugish and by the time it achieves focus the play has moved and is no longer in the frame, and I can not follow the action because the screen is blacked out.  ugh

With my 60D I just went single shot and kept pushing the shutter release and that worked great, better than al servo and I would always get the shot.

Now there's so many mis focused and poorly framed shots that I'm really frustrated.

On the plus side, I think the sensor is great and a nice step up from my 60D.

Here's some of the keepers.

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow