Best accessory for the new APS-C

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,285
Best accessory for the new APS-C

Someone has mentioned a remote screen since the one on the camera is fixed (thank goodness for the Gods of Robustness!), but your phone with the Ricoh Image Sync app will be the remote control screen. Improve that software is a better route there. Leica has a pretty good app, for example, but even that one has flaws.

For this camera, the best new manufacture would be to REMAKE THE SMALL PENTAX AF-201 FLASH TO INCLUDE WIRELESS FLASH CONTROL OF THE OTHER PENTAX FLASHES.

Further note: I strongly suspect that the S.Fn button controls the top screen, and maybe the rear as well, to change the functions of the top control dial. And I think that is a brilliant thing to do -- no dial on top is necessary to switch between the control dial functions. Hit the S.fn button, then use the control dial itself to select what you see on the screen. Hit S.fn again and you're out of the select mode. If that's what it is, I think it's great, and the 3-selection camera mode dial is what and where it should be.

If LIVE VIEW implementation is better, with touch and release on the screen, that will be fabulous.

Further note:  With an AF joystick, the AF points field is going to be larger.  Maybe not edge to edge, but larger and better.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Leica Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-S2 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow