Auto-focusing noises on Fuji Lenses?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
herculesksp New Member • Posts: 12
Auto-focusing noises on Fuji Lenses?

Hi,

I am totally smitten by the Fuji XT3 and the range of Fuji lenses and I am convinced that it is a great camera for still and videos as well.

My current emphasis is more on videos though and I do want a video camera that can focus fairly well and especially silently. I had reading all the content about Canon STM lenses and I am convinced that they are awesome lenses for vlogging and videos.

However I don't find any such content about Fuji cameras / lenses. While everyone talks a lot about the video quality and the AF capabilities, no one talks about the sound the AF motor makes.

So what is the opinion of the users here? Is the AF motor silent enough for videography? Is it comparable to the Canon STM lenses at all?

I've used Nikon systems before and they were absolutely useless for videos. Way too much focus seeking and incredibly annoying focusing noise. I don't want to go back to that same state again with the Fuji system.

Thanks.

herculesksp's gear list:herculesksp's gear list
Sony RX100 IV
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow