Lightroom inconsistently applies built-in lens profiles

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JornTv New Member • Posts: 1
Lightroom inconsistently applies built-in lens profiles

Hello! I am shooting time lapses with my Nikon Z 6 that automatically embeds lens profiles into the RAW files. Unfortunately Adobe Lightroom Classic automatically applies those lens profiles and it cannot be disabled. This would have been fine, except it somehow applies it inconsistently. All RAW files have "Built-in Lens Profile applied." shown in the Lens Corrections, but a few random files are corrected more than the rest (applying more vignetting and distortion correction). If this happened while shooting one-by-one stills I could have lived with it, but since it is for a time-lapse sequence those few random files makes it look like the time-lapse was shot during an earthquake...

I have tried contacting Adobe, who's support is currently down... I've also tried to search for a solution and the only solutions I've found are not really solutions:

- Switch to another software

- Convert the files to DNG and remove the metadata from the files

If I try to manually apply a lens correction it is added on top of the built-in ones, meaning that the files will not only be over-corrected, but also still have the random files corrected differently from the rest.

Obvious steps of re-starting Lightroom, re-exporting the files and checking and unchecking the manual Lens Correction boxes have been carried out without any improvement.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with Lightroom Classic and know a solution?

Relevant data:

Lightroom Classic 8.4.1

Camera Raw 11.4.1

macOS 10.14.6

Nikon Z 6 versions C 1.01 and MA 1.00

Nikon AF-S VR-NIKKOR 70-200mm 1:2.8G

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow