Short flange lense on longer flange body possible?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bruno E Junior Member • Posts: 48
Short flange lense on longer flange body possible?

Hi, after reading https://briansmith.com/flange-focal-distance-guide/ I understand, that you can adapt longer flange lenses to shorter flange mounts, since an adapter can move the lense away from the mount. It also mentions that for the other way around, the adapter would have to have negative size.

I then wondered, what would happen, if e.g. you built a pure mechanical adapter to connect an Canon RF lense to an EF mount. Would you just get a blurry image, since the focus point would be too much in front of the sensor? Could that be corrected by putting another glass element inside the adapter?

Probably doesn't make much sense to do so, so just wondering out of curiosity, what would be possible. Would also love to find articles about this, but so far I wasn't really lucky, but maybe just used the wrong words to search.

Bruno E's gear list:Bruno E's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow