Lenses question/recommendation for A7R IV capabilities

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dude funk New Member • Posts: 1
Lenses question/recommendation for A7R IV capabilities

Thinking of moving into Sony system with the A7R IV (Love the crop-ability and AF speed spec wise but have not tested yet).

i am enthusiast who takes scenery, macros and my kids ( somehow gifted with the Speed force, no idea who they got it from).

Considering the following (ignoring budget):

Option A:

1) F2.8 24-70 GM

2) F2.8 70-200 GM

Option B:

1) F4 24-105 G

2) F1.8 135 GM

As per conversation research with other photographers in my neighborhood (Cannon / Nikon). Many said there are no lenses suitable for the A7R IV for now. AF is fast but not accurate due to the high MP accuracy requirement and the ISO noise mean i should stick to fast lenses.

Regarding Option A:

The F2.8 is good aperture but the internal focus cant catch up with tracking since they are relatively old and not designed well for such tech. With such high MP, the DOF accuracy is so tight, its not possible to hand held and expect even worse for lens with no OSS like 24-70 GM. IQ cant match the latest Sony lenses.

Regarding Option B:

With F4 lenses on A7R IV, since the ISO noise level is worse then CAN/ NIK top of line cameras. i should get lenses 2.8 or faster. But as above, DOF accuracy is so tight, its not possible to hand held even with OSS enabled given the high MP accuracy required.

So the question are,

1) is the arguments valid?

2) are there better lenses to recommend?

3) which option will be the better choice?

Thank you everyone for chipping in your thoughts.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
D_L
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow