A lot to like? And some stuff to dislike - like always: X-PRO3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 9,735
A lot to like? And some stuff to dislike - like always: X-PRO3

I used an X-PRO2 for a few years and then sold it. Bought an X-T3 and am happy with it.

But the X-PRO I found was one of the most unique cameras I have ever used. So had a look at the specs of the new X-PRO3. So not just at what to dislike about it ok?

Images taken from the Fuji event posted on some websites including:

https://fujiaddict.com/

To get this out of the road, here are my dislikes:

1. Missing D-Pad: I use the left button in conjunction with the up and down arrows for my auto-ISO configuration. The right button for eye AF, the down arrow for sports viewfinder mode. I would miss this as I can configure this day or night without thinking much about it. Touch screen is a feeble replacement for this!
  2. I often travel to remote places of the world and show people the LCD. The new construction is awkward for this purpose to say the least. This could be a deal breaker! (the Pen-F or GX8 solution where you can turn the LCD would have been my preferred solution here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But it seems there is also a lot to like:

The focus customisation an interesting one also the long exposure live view, time lapse and HDR live-view. Quite a collection here!!

I always liked the frame lines to see "what's going on" around the tunnel. This can only be a good thing!

I would be VERY interested to find out more about the magnification - one of the few aspects where the X-T3 "wins" over the X-Pro2. 0.8 would be fabulous!!!

This would need to be examined in real life to see whether this is actually an improvement - but it sounds good.

In short: I personally would have preferred the Pen-F or GX8 screen plus higher magnification of the EVF (the A6000 series can do it what's holding Fuji back here??), but those extra points regarding HDR/Live-View sound interesting.

But possibly not enough "interesting" unless the EVF magnification goes past the X-T3.

There still is a lot which hasn't been revealed yet (and I am not holding my breath here, but have a mild interest to see where all this ends).

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow