Shooting photos + video in tandem (with ND Filter).

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cyber1966
Cyber1966 New Member • Posts: 19
Shooting photos + video in tandem (with ND Filter).

Hi,

I think I know what the predominant answer might be: 'Experience'

But if not, then I'd love to hear it.

Prior to getting my GH5 all I ever used were my Nikon DSLRs and, at times for events, I'd tow a couple of them along for tandem shooting with different lenses.

Soooooooo, I'm out there again today with my GH5 and finding it excruciating trying to efficiently switch from doing a video one moment and photos the next under changing lighting conditions (which in and of itself can be its own special headache).

'and of course, the ND filter presents its own special kind of hell in juggling tasks. Especially if one's not used to it to begin with, as I'm not.

Is it a lost cause and should I just drag along another cam next time, dedicated for photos? 'and my GH5 dedicated for video?

OR, is it as I mentioned? A matter of getting used it and gaining that 'Experience'?

Thanks in advance.

Cyber1966's gear list:Cyber1966's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Panasonic GH5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +6 more
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow