What is this guy in Nepal doing?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,556
What is this guy in Nepal doing?

I am going through my 2012 photos in Nepal and I found this one that I had forgotten about. What is this guy doing? All I remember is that, as usual, I was walking and wandering for hours with my camera. I saw this guy, took 1 photo, and then walked on. He had all these pocket calculators and it seems like he is melting a black one on a hot, flat stone. It appears that the wire in his hand is being used to keep the melting, black calculator upright as it melts. His other hand appears to keeping the flat stone steady and he is using another calculator in his hand to keep from touching the hot stone. On the left you see he has several more calculators lined up.

I suspect he is doing all this for a reason, not just for his amusement. I doubt very much even old, possibly non-working, calculators would be destroyed this way for amusement. Everything seems to be used, reused, repaired, taken apart for parts, etc. there. And yet, it sure looks like he is melting a calculator and seems set up to melt all of them. I can't figure out for what purpose though. Any ideas?

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow