G5X mark 2 goes to Hawaii

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
megafolie Regular Member • Posts: 181
G5X mark 2 goes to Hawaii

Hello everyone,

I have just returned from a trip to O'ahu Island in Hawaii and finally put my Canon Powershot G5X II to the test. My first goal when I got the camera was to have a travel camera that would accompany me everywhere.

In the past, I owned two models of the Sony RX100 series (m4 & m6) and, while generally satisfied, some points bothered me. In the case of the m4, I found that the lens was too limited in focal length for my needs, but I loved the speed of its lens. In the case of the m6, I loved the focal distance of its lens but I was frustrated by its speed. That's why when the G5x m2 was announced, I was excited.

Basically, I was excited by the results obtained with my G5X m2. The colors are bright if desired, the quality of the lens is impressive, the speed of operation is satisfactory, and the electronic viewfinder is very good.

I am far from having used all the functions of the device. In general, I use aperture priority mode, and I really liked being able to change it with the ring around the lens. I also used the panorama mode and I think I have achieved good results.

All photos were taken in JPG and have been retouched slightly with Lightroom Mobile. I hope you enjoy it and that it will give you a better idea of ​​the capabilities of the camera.

Diamond Head Crater

Waikiki

Waikiki

Diamond Head Lighthouse

Diamond Head crater

Hanauma Bay

Hanauma Bay

Waikiki from Wiliwilinui trail

Wiliwilinui trail

View from Wiliwilinui trail

Wiliwilinui trail

Lyon Arboretum

Lyon Arboretum

Lyon Arboretum

Lyon Arboretum

Trail to Moana falls

Ka’ena point trail

Ka’ena point

Ka’ena point

Makua beach

Makua beach

Makua beach

Makua beach

Byodo-In Temple

Waimanalo beach

-- hide signature --

Christian.

megafolie's gear list:megafolie's gear list
Canon G5 X II Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon G5 X II Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow