Camera & Lens options for Wildlife under £1000?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FlexiPack Forum Member • Posts: 70
Camera & Lens options for Wildlife under £1000?

A friend of mine is looking for a DSLR/Mirrorless camera plus telephoto lens for shooting some wildlife. Her budget is £1000, weight is an issue so it's can't be too excessive (though she does have a monopod).

I'm not up to date on all the cameras when it comes to subject tracking. I know for the budget given, some sacrifices will have to be made in the quality of the AF subject tracking and/or lens quality.

these are what I've recommended so far that are within budget and not too heavy

• Fuji X-T2 & Fuji 50-230mm OIS f/4.5-6.3
  • Sony A6300 & Sony E 55-210mm OSS f/4.5-6.3
  • Canon 77D/800D & Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4.5-5.6

I mentioned to her that she would probably have to chose between going for a camera with good AF tracking but then sacrifice on lens quality, or vice versa and get a more expensive and better quality lens and sacrifice camera AF tracking quality (and possibly ISO too).

For an expensive lens and cheaper camera I gave an example of:

• Canon 4000D & Tamron SP 70-200mm F2.8 Di VC USD (I fear this might be too heavy though)

I don't know Nikon gear very well but I think the D5300 has decent AF tracking doesn't it?

Canon EOS 4000D Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D5300 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow