Fuji X-T3 for Astrophotography and shutter beyond 15 minutes

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PillowFightr New Member • Posts: 8
Fuji X-T3 for Astrophotography and shutter beyond 15 minutes

Hello fellow Fuji X-T3 owners,

This is my first post on the forum and i searched and searched for answers on this subject but didn't find anything explaining it so i wanted to reach out for opinions and answers from knowledgeable owners. Couple weeks ago i decides to pull the plug and get the X-T3 with kit lens from B&H for landscape and astro photography

Today the subject is astrophotography with the X-T3:

My dad has a telescope that is motorized (it turns against the earths rotation to accommodate the shift and stay focused on 1 star the entire night).. So the idea was to strap the X-T3 on the telescope, choose a random star to focus and then open the shutter the entire night to take 1 perfect picture..

But when i looked into the settings on the wheel: T allows for a maximum of 15 minute shutter open time and Bulb allows a maximum of 30 minutes (but i would have to buy the remote to open it via Bulb)

So i wanted to ask, why is T on the shutter wheel configured for only 15 minutes max?? Is there a setting i can change to unlock it?? Or is it simply not beneficial to open the shutter for more than 15 minutes?? Is more not always better??

Thanks in advance for any input on this

Sam.

PillowFightr's gear list:PillowFightr's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow