No Fujis seen in 2,700 miles California/ Nevada trip

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Len-O Contributing Member • Posts: 872
Re: No Fujis seen in 2,700 miles California/ Nevada trip

miles500 wrote:

When I am on my travels I like to see what other photographers are using. I have just completed a 3 week trip to N California and Nevada inclusing Death Valley and LAs Vegas and I was surprised how few serious cameras I saw - a sprinking of Canonikons but not a single Fuji. In the main people were using their phones which seem mainly to be used for selfies or shots of family members against whatever landscape. Very few people seemed to be interested in the landscapes themselves and I can not fathom why people would want to return home with the same grinning face peering out from and obscuring the attraction that they had presumably come to see!

I live in San Luis Obispo County on the California Central Coast, and in my home alone I have 4 Fujifilm bodies. When I am on the road with frequent trips to various National Parks such as Yosemite, Kings Canyon-Sequoia, Redwoods, along PCH/Hwy 1 and Big Sur, I usually have two of those Fuji bodies with me. That said I usually see far more Canons, Nikons, and as many smartphones as people, that I have seen Fuji cameras on the road.

Incidentally I mention that whilst taking night shots on the Las Vegas strip, I was accosted by a ( very pleasant) security guard who said that monopods ( sticks s he called them) were not allowed. I gave him my abridged lecture on why decent cameras were no more a security risk than smartphones and moved off to another location to continue!

If he was an establishment rent-a-cop I doubt that he had any right to dictate municipal policy on the street. If he was employed by an establishment on the strip, and you were in that property, I would have asked where that particular policy was posted, and if he disallowed canes, walking sticks, crutches, and other walking aids for those who needed them.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow