New to video - tried Zhiyun Crane V2 but too heavy w/FF rig

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 2,171
New to video - tried Zhiyun Crane V2 but too heavy w/FF rig

I am venturing into some video and have experimented with my a7rIII now IV and the video is excellent on a tripod or handheld.

I thought getting a gimbal would be a smart move.

As soon as I open the Crane V2 and put it together and held it in my hand without a camera attached I realized I would never use it. I am 6'3" 225lb work out with weights and cardio regularly. There is no way I am going to walk around holding 5.5 lbs before and just under 7 lbs with my Rode Videomic Pro+ and Sony light.

I returned it and am going to try the Zhiyun Crane M2 which will work with my much lighter and smaller RX100VII and pre-ordered a6600 and give them a try.

Actually for what I want to do my GoPro 7 soon to be 8 or new iPhone 11 pro max will probably be more than I need.

Phones and GoPro's are ok but they are not very easy to work with in my opinion when I want to get creative and I prefer cameras that I am more used to.

I wish the RX100VII still has the 1.8 24-70 lens and will probably start out with my FE 35 2.8 ZA on my a6500 until the 6600 shows up go from there.

I did order cages and misc from small rig for my iPhone, RX100VII a6600 and a7rIV more for tripod or gorillapod use with a Rode mic and lights etc.

Any pointers or suggestions or comments?

-Terry
https://you pic.com/photographer/TerryRStahly/?mode=best
https://500px.com/trstahly

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony a6500 +22 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow