Prime as first lens for a beginner

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 16,169
Re: Prime as first lens for a beginner

Photodog2 wrote:

Good point. She won't be replacing her phone with a film camera, just as I still shoot an occasional roll myself

I find it interesting the way some people go back to film (as opposed to people like your niece trying it out bas something completely new).

One of my brothers (John, who has also contributed to this thread) and one of my sons occasionally use film and enjoy it; these days it has no appeal for me at all. But I have enjoyed scanning and digitally processing some of their B&W negatives.

but still have my ILCs. I think it's just another way to enjoy photography. Part of the workflow will be totally different though more work but I hope that would be part of the fun for her. I imagine that in certain circles with today's young university students that carrying around a film camera also carries a certain cachet, I've certainly seen it where I teach, and sharing prints with friends would be one way to be slightly different than most.

I hope so.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow