Sony camera paired with Cannon lens?

Started 3 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FunkySphinx New Member • Posts: 4
Sony camera paired with Cannon lens?

Dear good people,

I finally feel ready to graduate from my starter Sony A600 to a full-frame, professional camera! I have been taking photography seriously for two years now and even though I am not yet at the level I would like to be, I feel ready to invest in better equipment.

At my work, I asked them to buy me a Sony a7 III. I didn't like the lens, but that's because they didn't purchased the one I had requested and we couldn't returned it for various practical reasons. But overall I loved every bit of the camera and my employer really liked the results.

I talked to two professional photographers, both Cannon people, and they told me that the Sony a7 III is an amazing camera, particularly when it comes to low light and video,  and that I should go for it, but pair it with Cannon lenses.

It sounds tempting, as the Sony lens variety is not great, but before making such an investment, I would like to hear your opinions as well. Whichever camera and lens I buy will (hopefully) stay with me for years and years and I want to make sure that they are worth it.

BTW, I shoot landscape and some action (street photography mainly), but I am also interested in doing more videos and portraits. So the lenses I plan to buy are a good prime and a very versatile zoom.

Thank you for your help!

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow