How many people holding off the EF lens waiting for the RF varient?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Ed Rizk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,639
Re: How many people holding off the EF lens waiting for the RF varient?

RDKirk wrote:

rsmithsd73 wrote:

I am kinda sorta in the market for a long white, 300 2.8 or 500 f/4. These are both still in now older version II models, and rumors indicate version III may be RF. Hard to say, since 400/600 came out as EF in their latest III models. These are big investments, and I would love to see how the RF mount could affect optical performance, never mind being better positioned to transition into the native mount lenses for future R model cameras. Sheesh, the A7RIV calls to me sometimes, but I won't answer mostly because I'm not interested (nor could I afford) the Sony 400/600 lenses. The 200-600 they released is reportedly so so. For now I'm happy with my EOS R as a travel and landscape camera with my 5DIV primary for wildlife and occasional other stuff. Plus I just got a 90D for extra reach.

I suspect that they'll be ported to RF with little change. There isn't much difference the it makes with long, single-focal length lenses.

OK, I’ve seen it many times and haven’t seen where anyone else has asked.   What does TANSTAAFL stand for?

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Ed Rizk's gear list:Ed Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow