85mm Z amazing

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
A Girard
A Girard Veteran Member • Posts: 8,037
85mm Z amazing

After waiting for some stores to notify me when this lens comes in, I happened to go on Amazon Canada last night and there was 4 lenses available sold by Nikon so I went for it and it's already came in late this afternoon.!

All I can say is if you're a fan of the 85mm focal range, don't hesitate to get this lens. Focus is bang on at all focal lengths, even from further away wide open, which I've found some lenses to miss or looking really soft.

I have a shoot with a client this weekend and will be using this for most of the shoot instead of my 70-200 as it'll be outdoors with lots of space and in control of the space so I'll have real world sampled to share.  All I can say is if you like the performance of the 50mm Z version, you'll be more than happy with this one, My crappy shot here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124937557@N07/with/48766898516/

The pictures I posted suck as they're an hour in after I got the lens, and naturally processed them to my liking as they're only snapshots, but at least you get an idea.

-- hide signature --

my website
photoanne.ca

A Girard's gear list:A Girard's gear list
Nikon Z6 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow