First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KFo
KFo Regular Member • Posts: 468
Re: I’m a fan

LiveFromPhilly wrote:

Fuji continues to do a more modern take on Leica and personally I’m all for it. The flip down screen seems like a compromise between and XPro and a Leica M-D Type 262 but at a price those of us without yachts can afford.

While I’m not really in the market for an APS-C system at the price this will likely launch at, I would love it if they used a similar design in their X100 line. As long as they add some weather sealing I’m all aboard and have been avoiding getting a 35mm lens in anticipation of that camera.

On the other hand, if the camera doesn’t do well and goes on a fire sale like the XH-1 I would definitely consider getting an X-Pro3 with a 23mm f/2 instead.

The more I think about the design of the XPRO3 the more I like it. The XPRO is not a LCD focused shooter anyway. If LCD is your most important interface, I don’t know why you’d insist on using the XPRO design; go use something that is more optimized for your needs. I use the OVF, if I didn’t one of the EVF only models would be completely in line for me.

I love the idea that if I want to use the LCD, all I gotta do is flip it open, otherwise it is tucked away out of sight.  It’s way better than monkeying around with the stupid display button when I normally run OVF/EVF only mode (no LCD on).

-- hide signature --

Unconcerned but not indifferent.
Sharpness is a bourgeoisie concept.
Opted into the Fuji X system big time. Like to travel light and shot quick; that's why I also have a Ricoh GR....
INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/streeteatsyou/
BLOG http://streeteatsyou.com/category/photography/

KFo's gear list:KFo's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica M10-P Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
KFo
KFo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow