Peninsula State Park - Door County WI

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie Phewbie Senior Member • Posts: 1,537
Peninsula State Park - Door County WI

While on the door peninsula, we hiked the short Eagle trail that traversed between the 150 ft limestone cliffs (part of a huge circular escarpment that extends into canada all the way to Niagara falls & back) and Lake Michigan. The water levels in the lake are at historic highs & for arid-landers like us, the greenery was exciting.

I struggled with white balance while in the greenery. I wish I had thought of using a white card a couple of times.

With the A6500 & 18-135 except where noted.

The heavily wooded shores of Lake Michigan in the state park

Caves within the cliffs

This is a 4 shot vertical pano.

Looking up at the cliffs hanging over our heads

These scenes remind me or Romancing the Stone or some movie of that genre. And in Wisconsin!

Rokinon 12mm

Rokinon 12mm

Rokinon 12mm - The water level in the lake is very high this summer.

An island in Lake Michigan

Rokinon 12mm - Roots!

This is not in the state park, but along Rt 42. It is a much photographed piece of roadway. It would have been better if the road was all in shadow but I did what I could in NIK to bring out the road & yellow stripe.

Newbie Phewbie's gear list:Newbie Phewbie's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow