Seeking a little more POP from my FZ1000?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Contributing Member • Posts: 856
Seeking a little more POP from my FZ1000?

Wanting to get a little more pop from OOC images from my FZ1000 and some less PP,  I started fooling around with the settings under Standard. Mostly looking at combinations of -5 and -4 for NR, 2 and 3 for Sharpness, 1 and 2 for Contrast, and 0 and 1 for Saturation. Had the camera on a tripod, used remote shutter, constant natural lighting, iso/f-stop and speed. All shots were compared amongst themselves and to an all 0 setting on Dell calibrated monitor with Faststone software. Each combination used contained 4 settings.  Now, understand, that I am a rank amateur using just some colorful images and print as my test objects, so the results are going to be "amateurish." Nonetheless, (to my amateur eyes) what impressed me the most was that the best that a couple of the trial settings could do was match the setting of 0/0/0/0 (aside from a little less NR.) So, could it be that (1) My eyes are terrible, (2) I didn't make enough of a change to see differences, (3) The FZ1000 in camera processing is fairly good?

Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow