First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Christian Scarlet Regular Member • Posts: 272
Re: How and when do you use your rear LCD now?

HatWearingFool wrote:

Threaded wrote:

bleachfix wrote:

How and when do you use you xpro rear lcd?

I use it often, for live view shooting at arms length, for menus, for playback, all the time. Of course I use the finder too (primarily the OVF) but it wouldn’t be my first choice for menu diving and sometimes shooting from the screen is just more practical.

My problem with this design is it’s going to slow me down -

Rightly or wrongly I suspect this exactly the point of the changes. To slow down the experience and make it more like shooting a film camera. Make "chirping" a conscious choice, delay image review, preventing menu diving while in the middle of a shoot, etc

Not my cup of tea either, but Leica has demonstrated their is a market for this type of camera. It's an interesting choice by Fuji.

having to make a conscious decision to open the screen or not, and in either position it limits your options, switching from finder to screen to back again is suddenly a very cumbersome thing. Holding the camera with the screen flipped open and trying to use the finder in that position will be very uncomfortable. Everything about it just seems very clunky compared to simply having the screen there in front of you on the back, shooting information and all.

Odd choice to force a buyer to shoot that way. Not sure narrowing your customer base is the best way to increase sales? Did they not see the Nikon DF?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
KFo
KFo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow