"m43rds is not about small and light..." Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 39,357
"m43rds is not about small and light..."

So I hear some people in this forum saying, justifying bigger bodies.

https://newswitch.jp/p/19269

From a recent Olympus interview in Japan, google translated

"―Please tell us about your body development policy.
“The product lineup is well balanced. We will continue to launch products in three areas, the entry model and the high model. We will consider a system that is smaller and lighter than ever by taking advantage of the strength of Micro Four Thirds. ing"

Why are you focusing on reducing size and weight?
“Small and light systems work well with super-telephoto. Interchangeable lenses are particularly large and heavy as the focal length increases. Smaller and lighter products in the telephoto range (full size, etc.) are different from other companies. Stand out ""

This is Olympus again, banging that drum. Though to them the EM1X is small and light for using long telephotos, I think that again, not having a more pro option smaller and lighter body is a kiss of death for m43rds.

But it sure seems that the first paragraph need will be met by the coming EM5 MKiii. So expecting here perhaps a pretty good smaller and lighter body.

In either case, Olympus here keeps banging the smaller and lighter drum for m43rds as a unique proposition. As other companies keep adding IBIS, the differentiator more than IBIS becomes precisely the small and light part by far- which is what both Olympus and Panasonic said about the launch of the system.

But I am sure there will be a few that will still think that m43rds is not about "small and light"

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow