DP2 and DP3 Merrills

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TimRUK Forum Member • Posts: 71
DP2 and DP3 Merrills

I placed a wanted add on a UK photography forum for a DP3 because I had one a long time ago and fancied trying them again, I ended up buying a DP2 as well as a DP3 from the same seller.

They arrived this morning and I have been out with the DP2 this afternoon, I was surprised that Lightroom doesn't recognise the files so I converted them in Sigma photo 6.6 to 16 bit Tiff's.

Loaded them into Lightroom and got another surprise, WOW no sharpening required, these images are super sharp, I had forgotten how good these cams are, the lens on the DP2 is better than anything I'm using currently and probably better than what I have used in the past, and I have used some very good glass from both Nikon and Canon as well as Fuji.

The disappointment was loading the edited images on to Flickr and then see how badly they were softened. I have a Dell 4k supersharp monitor and it displays all images superbly.

Anyway I just wanted to say how brilliant the quality is from this little compact.

TimRUK's gear list:TimRUK's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +3 more
Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow