Nikon Z6 for Video: Auto Iso underexposing in Manual, Aperture, Shutter Modes

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CamLop New Member • Posts: 5
Nikon Z6 for Video: Auto Iso underexposing in Manual, Aperture, Shutter Modes

Hi There,

I bought a Nikon Z6 recently and I have been very happy with the results I get for Photography. I am just now starting to use it for video and there seems to be some issues there involving Auto ISO. If I use the camera in full Automatic mode, everything works OK in terms of getting the right exposure. Auto ISO does what it is supposed to do. However, when I switch to any of the non-Auto modes (Aperture Priority or Manual, for example) leaving Auto ISO on, the camera underexposes the image to where it is unusable. In my latest test ( indoor with Shutter at 1/60, and Aperture at f/4) Auto ISO should be kicking in to levels around 2500 to get a good image, yet it stays jumping around in the 200-400 level area, resulting in mostly dark video footage. If I switch the camera to full Auto, everything works Ok (Auto ISO jumps to 2000+) and the image is clear. This behavior is only happening in video mode, not in Photography. Can anybody suggest why this may be happening? My ISO settings are as follows:

• Maximum sensitivity: 25600
  • Auto ISO control (mode M): ON
  • ISO sensitivity (mode M): 100

Thank you,

CamLop

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow