a7r4 compared to 24mp aps-c, base iso100, final.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 7,795
a7r4 compared to 24mp aps-c, base iso100, final.

Final comparison, you'll be glad to here, of the 24mp aps-c sensor in the a6500 using LR ED and Gigapixel to ai the output to 74mp, ie 1.75% increase in height and width. I then applied LR ED to the latest profile release of a7r4 and used Gigapixel to ai the output to 74mp, the same processing essentially. The increase is much less on the a7r4 beyond this the difference does move in favour of the a7r4, as was suspected, but my objective was to see how far you can push the 24mp aps-c with the latest ai model.

The point to this, others asked for a point, was not show how great the a6500, it is very impressive from raw at base, or that it is better than the a7r4, it isn't technically, but that ai now provides a very interesting proposition for those wanting to print large or make enlargements of cropped areas to provide more to print with. In my opinion 50mp is ample anyway, 60mp incredible and 74mp, unbelievable when the results are this good.

Here's what I found at 74mp from both

Note, the new pink cast to the a7r4, both below std adobe profile and default and ed applied, export just jpg and resized in gigapixel.

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow