Setting up wireless flash (A7R II, F42AM, F56AM)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Gee New Member • Posts: 1
Setting up wireless flash (A7R II, F42AM, F56AM)

Hi,

Just having 'fun' trying to get wireless flash running with my A7R. I picked up a couple of used flash guns with the older connector, but bought an adapter. Both work fine when connected to the top of the camera on their own.

I followed the setup procedure for wireless, starting with the off-camera remote flashes, setting wireless on both camera and flash.

But only the flash on the camera fires.

I have 'registered' the other flash using the well documented procedure, and flashes are alll on the same channel.

I'm going to experiment a bit but is there anything obvious that I might have missed? I'm absolutely convinced when I first set it up, I got both flash firing but it may have been reflection of the on-board flash in the plastic of the other.

I also noticed rechargeable batteries last about 10-20 flashes before dying. These are meant to be high capacity ones 2900maH. I'm a bit loathed to use throw-away ones but maybe rechargeables are not viable in flash

Thanks for any advice

Paul

Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow