Wishes for the new APS-C camera

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Contributing Member • Posts: 979
Wishes for the new APS-C camera

Hello

The first pictures of the new APS-C camera looks very good.

I love, how functionally the layout of the buttons and dials are. Typical Pentax.

now, because we have some times up to the release of this camera, maybe we can have a thread about what functions we would wish.

I would wish for example:

The DOF series:

I love the DOF series at my KP, which I can select, when I use the camera in Av. Should I do the portrait picture with f1.4 or better with f2.8, or f4.5 ? I can use now a DOF series for that in such a short time, so that the facial expression do not change much during this fast series.

This DOF series has for me only one negative point: it do change the shutter-speed and not the ISO. I would wish that I could change that, so that I use a fixed shutter speed, like 1/60 sec. Up to now, my shutter speed can change from (for example) 1/60 to 1/30 to 1/15...witch get too slow than. Therefore I use a faster than needed start shutter speed now, but changing the ISO could avoid that in this mode.

The flash use:

When we use the camera in the M-mode, we see how the ambience light will get exposed via the metering bar graph. All I would like to have is to have this info in all other mode too. When I use for example the Av mode not in the auto ISO, I could see what level the ambience metering has with my settings for the fixed ISO. Do I underexpose it and when how much ?

The TAv mode with a flash should has no auto ISO correction, in this mode I would like to see the ISO value.

AF

I would like to have a button, where I could switch/toggle between the AF point array and single AF point. When a bird is sitting in a tree I like to use a single AF point, so that I can focus on the bird and do not focus on surrounding leaves. But when the bird start to fly, I would like to use than a AF point array for that I can keep it better in my AF area. Such a switch/toggle button would be nice for that use.

What are your wishes ?

best regards. KPM2

Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow