dpreviewTV: EF-M 22mm F2 not "ideal" for the M6 Mk II?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
keeponkeepingon Senior Member • Posts: 1,520
dpreviewTV: EF-M 22mm F2 not "ideal" for the M6 Mk II?

I was surprised that in the dpreviewTV review of the M6 Mk II they exposed that only the 32mm and 28mm may be good enough for the new sensor and that they feared the 22mm would not be "ideal".
There were no tests, just some rambling thoughts on lenses for the new camera. The context of the discussion is shooting wide open in a dark brewery but in that specific section he's discussing resolving power of the lenses so I'd interpret his remark to mean not sharp enough for the new 32MP sensor wide open.

I was considering rebuying the 22mm for my M100. My first copy broke, is the lens a delicate flower like my thrice broken 50mm F1.4? I don't even remember tapping the front but a small dent tells me I or my kids did. Maybe spending "the big bucks" for the 28mm or 32mm would be better if a M6 Mk II is in my future?

"even the 22mm prime I don't think is going to give ideal results"

https://youtu.be/9Qb7ONDW7nc?t=230

Thoughts on the 22mm with the new M6 MK II???? Is it good enough to maximize results from the 32mp sensor in low-light?

Thanks!

keeponkeepingon's gear list:keeponkeepingon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Sony a5100 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow