Best tele zoom lens for E-PL6?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Senior Member • Posts: 5,015
Best tele zoom lens for E-PL6?

Hi all, I am looking around for the best tele zoom lens I can get for my E-PL6 that can do tight birding shots as well as take pics of Saturn's rings and Jupiter's bands.  I have a Fuji HS50 with a manual zoom lens that performs well but doesn't get me as close as I need to get even though it has a 1000mm equiv. lens. I got a 1.7x Sony TC for it (HGD1758) but the images are a bit soft with that so I would like a long tele for my E-PL6 that still opens up to f/5.6 at max even at full tele.  Any ideas on what would be a suitable lens?  I already have the 14-42 and 40-150 lens.  I want something longer than that.

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-PL6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow