Sony A7R4 Focus Issues

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GARN Forum Member • Posts: 59
Sony A7R4 Focus Issues

Anyone finding that the camera is missing focus a lot? I was out shooting Geese on the river today and it just wasn’t very smooth. Tried lots of different settings from Aperture-Shutter depending on the situation. I could never catch a bird in flight and the photos that were in focus, just seemed ok. My A7R3 would have been crushing these shots. I was mostly in Tracking center and the box was dead on these guys. It seemed that if the ISO had to climb, the picture was Subpar and the ISO really liked to climb. Bright sunny day but I was shooting from the bank of the river under heavy tree cover.

Had great success the other day shooting with my 90mm prime but today, meh..Today’s setup cost approximately 6000 US dollars and should be able to produce some sublime pictures of barely move Geese, ya know? I am no pro but my pictures usually look really good using anything my Fuji XT-3-A7R3 with “inferior glass”. Any ideas?

A few pics are below. I just exported them from Lightroom which seems to be working better. The Birds are all kinds of weak. I could have easily captured that quality with my “lesser” cameras. Actually, my Fuji would produce BETTER results so something is up. The boat pic is at least clear but not stellar by any means.

GARN's gear list:GARN's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow