If you have a D700 -- time to upgrade to an iPhone

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yray
yray Senior Member • Posts: 1,853
If you have a D700 -- time to upgrade to an iPhone

No, I didn't say this, -- Thom did in his latest post. Quote:

"if you don't need more than 12mp and aren't a lens junkie, then you should probably upgrade your camera to something like the iPhone 11 Pro. Yeah, I just wrote that."

Luckily I have the excuse of being a lens junkie, but other than that I'm honestly not sure what to make of the Thom's statement.  Just to back up my bewilderment with some numbers, here is a comparison of the latest and greatest iPhone (before the new one) and D700. I see about 2.5 stops difference at equivalent ISOs, which is probably what one has to expect based on sensor size differences.

So not even close I would say, and this is apart from all the other goodies like AF, and being able to set your camera exactly the way you like it.

iPhone beats D700 in weight though, and the speed at which your selfie can be uploaded to social media, I'll concede that.

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow