Back Home

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fafitz Regular Member • Posts: 395
Back Home

We arrived back this Tuesday after a marathon trip starting in Adelaide and ending in Poway, California.  Our rough trip itinerary was: Sydney, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Rawnsley Park Station, and back to Adelaide.  A lot of travel, but barely a sampling of Australia.  A few pictures follow, picked for descriptive value to me over other considerations.  It is too many images for a reasonable post and far to few to start to describe the trip.  Oh well.  The V1 and lenses served well.  I occasionally pined for my old D300 with the 100-400 but I think that is only because many of the critters were just too far away and I was frustrated.  I did not miss the weight of a larger rig.

Opera House from a ferry

Harbor from the top of the bridge pylon

Touring the Opera House

Sunset from Sudbury Cay

Nathan Reef

Remarkable Rocks on Kangaroo Island

KI Kangaroo

Very relaxed Koala on KI

Thirsty sheep on Rawnsley Park Station

Flock of Galaa or Rose Breasted Cockatoo on the Station

Fast Kangaroo

Lunch stop heading back to civilization (Adelaide)

-- hide signature --

Frank
D300; N1 V1; S1 IS

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow