Free and easy to use video editor?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP M_digicapt Senior Member • Posts: 2,349
Re: Free and easy to use video editor?

tkbslc wrote:

M_digicapt wrote:

skyglider wrote:

Free and easy to use video editor?

My suggestion is not free but just to give you some additional perspective.

After trying Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Studio and several other video editing programs, I settled on Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 (SMSP) as my video editor. SMSP is the consumer version of Sony Vegas Pro. One difference between the "Movie Studio" and the "Platinum" version is that the Platinum version allows saving customized user interface layouts which the non-platinum version does not. Get the Platinum version.

I first bought it (as Sonic Foundry's "Vegas Video"), I kept saying to myself "If I designed a video editor, this is how I would do it". Vegas Video was bought by Sony.

One caveat that I found. SMSP12 will not open a project by clicking on the project file. SMSP12 has to be opened first and it automatically opens with the current project which is very handy. (Later versions may have corrected this problem) To open a new project, close the current one and click "New Project".

Just mentioning SMSP12 because I like it so much. But you may hate it since video editing is such a personal thing. Free trial is imperative when looking for a video editing program.

Sky

Is the Sony Vegas software the same as Magix's Vegas. Magix sells entry level versions which often go on sale. I used their audio softwares years ago and they tended to be buggy but had a very good set of features.

Sony sold Vegas software to Magix in 2016.

Thanks

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow